Superior Japanese Twin Room at Yumiya Komachi in Kyoto yumiya.komachi@gmail.com

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Treasure hunt!  お宝探し!

I went to a treasure hunt today without expecting anything, so I just brought a small bag with me.
I happened to meet this nice lady who lives in Tokyo and Kyoto decided to sell her parent's house in Kyoto.  The house is huge Machiya but its face was changed to a modern concrete style. She sold this house since  no one wanted to rent this huge house. Anyway, she asked me if I wanted to visit her parent's house to see anything I like to have. She added, well all the good staff are already gone since some antique dealers and her friends have already taken many good items.  Well, she still has a lot of staff and I wonder how she is going to throw everything away. It costs to dump things in Japan, not a cheap.  I found some nice items like miniature base from famous places, tray, Japanese tea cups, plant pots, and etc. I am glad that I was able to save those items otherwise they would be thrown away. Well, Japan become so wealthy regarding "staff" or "things", but I am not sure if we really have a high quality of life and if we are content in our mind/heart.....

今日は宝探しに午後から行ってきました。ちょっと疲れ気味なので詳細は又次回ということで。。。。